|Catalogue No.||Target||Research Areas||Applications||Size||Price (£)|
Adiponectin plays an important role in pathogenesis and amplification of insulin-resistant states in humans, where levels are reduced in patients with type-2 diabetes and obesity. (Hotta K, et al.) Clone 399R is used to detect plasma adiponectin concentrations. Clone 399R is also used in a combination ELISA with clone 32F8, acting as the capture antibody.
Form in stock: IgG, purified – 1.0 mg/mL. Also available as unpurified supernatant.
Specificity: Synthetic peptide corresponding to the tail region of the Adiponectin molecule.
Fusion partner: Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
Storage: Store at +4°C or -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Shelf life: 18 months from date of dispatch.
Regulatory/ Restrictions: For research and commercial purposes.
- Hazell, Matthew J. Development and Clinical Applications of Immunoassays for Human Adiponectin. Thesis. Oxford Brookes University, 2009.
- Hotta, Kikuko, Tohru Funahashi, Yukio Arita, Masahiko Takahashi, Morihiro Matsuda, Yoshihisa Okamoto, Hiromi Iwahashi, Hiroshi Kuriyama, Noriyuki Ouchi, Kazuhisa Maeda, Makoto Nishida, Shinji Kihara, Naohiko Sakai, Tadahisa Nakajima, Kyoichi Hasegawa, Masahiro Muraguchi, Yasukazu Ohmoto, Tadashi Nakamura, Shizuya Yamashita, Toshiaki Hanafusa, and Yji Matsuzawa. “Plasma Concentrations of a Novel, Adipose-Specific Protein, Adiponectin, in Type 2 Diabetic Patients.” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. American Heart Association, Inc., 01 June 2000.
- Miller NE, Michel CC, Nanjee MN, Olszewski WL, Miller IP, Hazell M, Olivecrona G, Sutton P, Humphreys SM, Frayn KN. Secretion of adipokines by human adipose tissue in vivo: partitioning between capillary and lymphatic transport. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2011 Oct;301(4). E659-67.
- Kiewiet RM, Hazell MJ, van Aken MO, van der Weerd K, Visser JA, Themmen AP, van der Lely AJ. Acute effects of acylated and unacylated ghrelin on total and high molecular weight adiponectin inmorbidly obese subjects. J Endocrinol Invest. 2011 Jun;34(6):434-8. Epub 2010 Oct 15.
- Barber TM, Hazell M, Christodoulides C, Golding SJ, Alvey C, Burling K, Vidal-Puig A, Groome NP, Wass JA, Franks S, McCarthy MI. Serum levels of retinol-binding protein 4 and adiponectin in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: associations with visceral fat but no evidence for fat mass-independent effects on pathogenesis in this condition. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jul;93(7):2859-65.
- Sodi R, Hazell MJ, Durham BH, Rees C, Ranganath LR, Fraser WD. The circulating concentration and ratio of total and high molecular weight adiponectin in post-menopausal women with and without osteoporosis and its association with body mass index and biochemical markers of bone metabolism.. Clin Biochem. 2009 Sep;42(13-14):1375-80. Epub 2009 Jun 10.
Assessment of specificity of the ELISA sandwich combination 399R and 32F8 to quantify adiponectin concentration in serum.
(Hazell, M 2009)
Dilution used: 1:1000