|Catalogue No.||Target||Research Areas||Applications||Size||Price (£)|
CYP450 Aromatase is part of the CYP19A1 family involved in the aromatization of androgens to estrogens, a highly conserved mechanism amongst mammals. Clone H4 recognizes a conserved epitope on the CYP450 aromatase, allowing for detection of aromatase levels using various analysis methods. (Turner et al. 2002)
Form in stock: IgG, purified – 1.0 mg/mL. Also available as unpurified supernatant.
Specificity: Synthetic peptide corresponding to AAs 376-390 of human aromatase (KALEDDVIGYPVKK)
Human Histology positive control: Human placenta
Fusion partner: Spleen cells immunised from Balb/c were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
Storage: Store at +4°C or -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Shelf life: 18 months from date of dispatch.
Regulatory/ Restrictions: For research and commercial purposes.
- Turner, KJ, S. Macpherson, MR Milar, AS McNeilly, K. Williams, M. Cranfield, NP Groome, RM Sharpe, HM Fraser, and PT Saunders. “Development and Validation of a New Monoclonal Antibody to Mammalian Aromatase.” JOE. J Endocrinol, 2002.
- Rago V, Romeo F, Aquila S, Montanaro D, Andò S, Carpino A. Cytochrome P450 aromatase expression in human seminoma. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology. 2005;3:72.
- Rago, V., Aquila, S., Panza, R., & Carpino, A. (2007). Cytochrome P450arom, androgen and estrogen receptors in pig sperm. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology,, 5, 23, 2007
- Asgerally T Fazleabas, Allison Brudney, Daniel Chai, David Langoi, Serdar E Bulun, Steroid receptor and aromatase expression in baboon endometriotic lesions, Fertility and Sterility, Volume 80, Supplement 2, September 2003, Pages 820-827, ISSN 0015-0282.
- Sirianni, R., Chimento, A., De Luca, A., Zolea, F., Carpino, A., Rago, V., … Pezzi, V. (2009). Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase-2 Down-regulates Aromatase Activity and Decreases Proliferation of Leydig Tumor Cells. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284(42), 28905–28916.WB, Dilution used 1:50
- Catalano, S., Malivindi, R., Giordano, C., Gu, G., Panza, S., Bonofiglio, D., … Andò, S. (2010). Farnesoid X Receptor, through the Binding with Steroidogenic Factor 1-responsive Element, Inhibits Aromatase Expression in Tumor Leydig Cells. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 285(8), 5581–5593.IF, Dilution used 1:100
- Bruce K. Campbell, M. Clinton, R. Webb; The Role of Anti-Müllerian Hormone (AMH) During Follicle Development in a Monovulatory Species (Sheep). Endocrinology 2012; 153 (9): 4533-4543.IHC-P
- S Wilsher, F Stansfield, R E S Greenwood, P D Trethowan, R A Anderson, F B W Wooding, and W R Allen,Ovarian and placental morphology and endocrine functions in the pregnant giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis) Reproduction 145 (6) 541-554,First published online 2 April 2013. WB, Dilution used 1:5000
- Tomi Pakarainen, Fu-Ping Zhang, Laura Nurmi, Matti Poutanen, Ilpo Huhtaniemi; Knockout of Luteinizing Hormone Receptor Abolishes the Effects of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone on Preovulatory Maturation and Ovulation of Mouse Graafian Follicles. Mol Endocrinol 2005; 19 (10): 2591-2602.IHC-P, Dlution used 1:50
- Wieslawa Mlodawska, Maria Slomczynska, Immunohistochemical localization of aromatase during the development and atresia of ovarian follicles in prepubertal horses, Theriogenology, Volume 74, Issue 9, December 2010, Pages 1707-1712, ISSN 0093-691X. IHC-P, Dilution used 1:50
- Amanatullah, Derek F., et al. (2017) Local Estrogen Axis in the Human Bone Microenvironment Regulates Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer Cells. Breast Cancer Research, BioMed Central.IHC-P, Dilution used 1:100
Clone H4 used to detect aromatase in human tissues by IHC-P.
A: Intense aromatase immunostaining in IGCN cells.
B: Placental-like alkaline phosphatase staining of IGCN basal cells
C: Strong aromatase immunoreactivity of interstitial Leydig cells in normal testis (Lc)
D: Intense immunostaining of luteal cells (Luc) in ovarian tissue.(Rago, V et al. 2005)
Dilution used: 1:50
Binding of H4 to a 55 kDa protein on the Cytochrome P450 aromatase protein by Western Blot.
On Western blots, a single protein of _55 kDa was recognised by the monoclonal antibody raised against a peptide within the P450 aromatase protein (A). No signal was seen on blots incubated with antibody that had been pre-absorbed with immunising peptide (B). Extracts were prepared from the following tissues: lane 1, human placenta; lane 2, marmoset placenta; lane 3, marmoset ovary; lane 4, ovary from pregnant rat; lanes 5 and 6, ovaries from two rats killed at pro-oestrus.(Turner et al. 2002)
Dilution used: 1:5000
Clone H4 used to detect aromatase in pig sperm by Immunofluorescence.
B) P450arom red brilliant light in the proximal tail of sperm with a diffuse labelling in the distal tail…. (Rago, V et al. 2007)
Dilution used: 1:100
Clone H4 used to detect aromatase in stromal cells by ICC.
Immunocytochemical localization of aromatase in the stromal cells of an endometriotic lesion (B) and in granulosa cells of a developing follicle (C, positive control). The histology of this lesion (A). st = stromal cells. (Fazleabas, AT et al.)
Dilution used: 1:75