CYP450 Aromatase is part of the CYP19A1 family involved in the aromatization of androgens to estrogens, a highly conserved mechanism amongst mammals. Clone H4 recognizes a conserved epitope on the CYP450 aromatase, allowing for detection of aromatase levels using various analysis methods. (Turner et al. 2002).
|H4||WB, IHC, IF, ICC||0.1ml|
Clone H4 used to detect aromatase in human tissues by IHC-P.
A: Intense aromatase immunostaining in IGCN cells.
B: Placental-like alkaline phosphatase staining of IGCN basal cells
C: Strong aromatase immunoreactivity of interstitial Leydig cells in normal testis (Lc)
D: Intense immunostaining of luteal cells (Luc) in ovarian tissue.(Rago, V et al. 2005)
Dilution used: 1:50
Binding of H4 to a 55 kDa protein on the Cytochrome P450 aromatase protein by Western Blot.
On Western blots, a single protein of _55 kDa was recognised by the monoclonal antibody raised against a peptide within the P450 aromatase protein (A). No signal was seen on blots incubated with antibody that had been pre-absorbed with immunising peptide (B). Extracts were prepared from the following tissues: lane 1, human placenta; lane 2, marmoset placenta; lane 3, marmoset ovary; lane 4, ovary from pregnant rat; lanes 5 and 6, ovaries from two rats killed at pro-oestrus.(Turner et al. 2002).
Dilution used: 1:5000
Clone H4 used to detect aromatase in pig sperm by Immunofluorescence.
B) P450arom red brilliant light in the proximal tail of sperm with a diffuse labelling in the distal tail…. (Rago, V et al. 2007)
Dilution used: 1:100
Clone H4 used to detect aromatase in stromal cells by ICC.
Immunocytochemical localization of aromatase in the stromal cells of an endometriotic lesion (B) and in granulosa cells of a developing follicle (C, positive control). The histology of this lesion (A). st = stromal cells. (Fazleabas,, AT et al.)
Dilution used: 1:75
|Product Name||Anti Human Cytochrome P450 H4 Aromatase|
|Clone, Isotype||H4, IgG2a|
|Format||10 x s/n|
|Tested Applications||WB, IHC-P, IF, ICC|
Form in Stock: 10 x s/n (concentrated supernatant)
Specificity: Synthetic peptide corresponding to AAs 376-390 of human aromatase(KALEDDVIDGYPVKK)
Human Histology positive control: Human placenta
Fusion Partner: Spleen cells immunised from Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
Storage: Store at +4°C or -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing
Shelf life: 18 months from date of dispatch
Regulatory information: Fit for research and commercial purposes.
- Turner, KJ, S. Macpherson, MR Milar, AS McNeilly, K. Williams, M. Cranfield, NP Groome, RM Sharpe, HM Fraser, and PT Saunders. “Development and Validation of a New Monoclonal Antibody to Mammalian Aromatase.” JOE. J Endocrinol, 2002.
- Rago V, Romeo F, Aquila S, Montanaro D, Andò S, Carpino A. Cytochrome P450 aromatase expression in human seminoma. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology. 2005;3:72. doi:10.1186/1477-7827-3-72.
- Rago, V., Aquila, S., Panza, R., & Carpino, A. (2007). Cytochrome P450arom, androgen and estrogen receptors in pig sperm. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 5, 23. http://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7827-5-23.
- Asgerally T Fazleabas, Allison Brudney, Daniel Chai, David Langoi, Serdar E Bulun, Steroid receptor and aromatase expression in baboon endometriotic lesions, Fertility and Sterility, Volume 80, Supplement 2, September 2003, Pages 820-827, ISSN 0015-0282, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-0282(03)00982-8.
- Sirianni, R., Chimento, A., De Luca, A., Zolea, F., Carpino, A., Rago, V., … Pezzi, V. (2009). Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase-2 Down-regulates Aromatase Activity and Decreases Proliferation of Leydig Tumor Cells. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284(42), 28905–28916. http://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M109.041020. WB, Dilution used 1:50
- Catalano, S., Malivindi, R., Giordano, C., Gu, G., Panza, S., Bonofiglio, D., … Andò, S. (2010). Farnesoid X Receptor, through the Binding with Steroidogenic Factor 1-responsive Element, Inhibits Aromatase Expression in Tumor Leydig Cells. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 285(8), 5581–5593. http://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M109.052670. IF, Dilution used 1:100
- Bruce K. Campbell, M. Clinton, R. Webb; The Role of Anti-Müllerian Hormone (AMH) During Follicle Development in a Monovulatory Species (Sheep). Endocrinology 2012; 153 (9): 4533-4543. doi: 10.1210/en.2012-1158. IHC-P
- S Wilsher, F Stansfield, R E S Greenwood, P D Trethowan, R A Anderson, F B W Wooding, and W R Allen,Ovarian and placental morphology and endocrine functions in the pregnant giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis) Reproduction 145 (6) 541-554, doi: 10.1530/REP-13-0060 First published online 2 April 2013. WB, Dilution used 1:5000
- Tomi Pakarainen, Fu-Ping Zhang, Laura Nurmi, Matti Poutanen, Ilpo Huhtaniemi; Knockout of Luteinizing Hormone Receptor Abolishes the Effects of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone on Preovulatory Maturation and Ovulation of Mouse Graafian Follicles. Mol Endocrinol 2005; 19 (10): 2591-2602. doi: 10.1210/me.2005-0075. IHC-P, Dlution used 1:50
- Wieslawa Mlodawska, Maria Slomczynska, Immunohistochemical localization of aromatase during the development and atresia of ovarian follicles in prepubertal horses, Theriogenology, Volume 74, Issue 9, December 2010, Pages 1707-1712, ISSN 0093-691X, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.theriogenology.2010.04.019. IHC-P, Dilution used 1:50