The phosphorylation of myelin basic protein (MBP) has been shown to decrease the ability of MBP to aggregate lipid vesicles and consequently destabilising the compact structure of myelin, a destruction that has been observed in demyelinating diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis. (Yon, M et al. 1995) Clone 98/P12 is a useful detector of phosphorylated MBP by binding to Thr98 of human MBP in the phosphorylated state.
|Catalogue No.||Target||Research Areas||Applications||Size||Price (£)|
|98/P12-100UG||Myelin Basic Protein (Thr98)||Immunology
Form in stock: IgG, purified – 1.0 mg/mL. Also available as unpurified supernatant.
Specificity: Synthetic peptide corresponding to human MBP when phosphorylated at threonine 98.
Human Histology positive control: Brain tissue
Fusion partner: Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
Storage: Store at +4°C or -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Shelf life: 18 months from date of dispatch.
Regulatory/ Restrictions: For research and commercial purposes.
- ⇓ Michele Yon, Cameron A. Ackerley, Fabrizio G. Mastronardi, Nigel Groome, Mario A. Moscarello, Identification of a mitogen-activated protein kinase site in human myelin basic protein in situ, Journal of Neuroimmunology, Volume 65, Issue 1, March 1996, Pages 55-59, ISSN 0165-5728.
- ⇓ DeBruin, L.S., Haines, J.D., Wellhauser, L.A., Radeva, G., Schonmann, V., Bienzle, D. and Harauz, G. (2005), Developmental partitioning of myelin basic protein into membrane microdomains. J. Neurosci. Res., 80: 211–225. WB, Dilution 1:2000
- ⇓ Michele Yon, Peter White, Nigel Goome, Preparation of a novel monoclonal antibody specific for myelin basic protein phosphorylated on Thr98, Journal of Neuroimmunology, Volume 58, Issue 2, May 1995, Pages 121-129, ISSN 0165-5728. ELISA
- ⇓ Debruin, Lillian S., Jeffery D. Haines, Dorothee Bienzle, and George Harauz. “Partitioning of Myelin Basic Protein into Membrane Microdomains in a Spontaneously Demyelinating Mouse Model for Multiple SclerosisThis Paper Is One of a Selection of Papers Published in This Special Issue, Entitled CSBMCB Membrane Proteins in Health and Disease.” Biochemistry and Cell Biology 84.6 (2006): 993-1005. WB, Dilution used 1:1000
- ⇓ Atkins, C. M., Yon, M., Groome, N. P. and Sweatt, J. D. (1999), Regulation of Myelin Basic Protein Phosphorylation by Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase During Increased Action Potential Firing in the Hippocampus. Journal of Neurochemistry, 73: 1090–1097. WB, Dilution used 1:2000
Clone 98/P12 used to detect MBP in brain tissue of normal and MS patients by Western Blot
Western Blot reacted with mAb P12. Lane 8, normal; lane 9, MS 75. (Yon, M et al. 1996)
Dilution used: 1:2000
Clone 98/P12 used to stain OL cells and detect MBP levels by ICC
Colocalization of various lipids and proteins in the developing oligodendrocyte… b: Mature oligodendrocytes fixed at 15 DIV. (DeBruin, L.S et al. 2005)
Dilution used: 1:400