Myelin Basic Protein (MBP) is involved in the process of myelination of nerves. MBP Clone 1 recognizes an epitope in the 129-138 region of MBP, useful in clinical diagnosis to detect MBP levels.
|Catalogue No.||Target||Research Areas||Applications||Size||Price (£)|
|MBP1-100UG||Myelin Basic Protein
Form in stock: IgG, purified – 1.0 mg/mL. Also available as unpurified supernatant.
Specificity: Reacts with MBP from human, bovine and rat, recognizing epitope 129-138.
Fusion partner: Spleen cells from immunised NIH mice were fused with cells of the NS0 mouse myeloma cell line.
Human Histology positive control: Human brain tissue
Storage: Store at +4°C or -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Shelf life: 18 months from date of dispatch.
Regulatory/ Restrictions: For research and commercial purposes.
- ⇓ Romain Marignier, Adeline Nicolle, Chantal Watrin, Monique Touret, Sylvie Cavagna, Michel Varrin-Doyer, Gaëlle Cavillon, Véronique Rogemond, Christian Confavreux, Jérôme Honnorat, Pascale Giraudon; Oligodendrocytes are damaged by neuromyelitis optica immunoglobulin G via astrocyte injury. Brain 2010; 133 (9): 2578-2591.
- ⇓ Brunner, C., Lassmann, H., Waehneldt, T. V., Matthieu, J.-M. and Linington, C. (1989), Differential Ultrastructural Localization of Myelin Basic Protein, Myelin/Oligodendroglial Glycoprotein, and 2′,3′-Cyclic Nucleotide 3′-Phosphodiesterase in the CNS of Adult Rats. Journal of Neurochemistry, 52: 296–304.
- ⇓ Jatana, Manu, Inderjit Singh, Avtar K. Singh, and Dorothea Jenkins. “Combination of Systemic Hypothermia and N-acetylcysteine Attenuates Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury in Neonatal Rats.” Nature News. Nature Publishing Group, 01 May 2006.
- ⇓ Nigel Groome., Janice Harland, Adrian Dawkes, Preparation and properties of monoclonal antibodies to myelin basic protein and its peptides, Neurochemistry International, Volume 7, Issue 2, 1985, Pages 309-317, ISSN 0197-0186. ELISA, Dilution used 1:1000
- ⇓ Groome NP, Dawkes A, Gales M, Hruby S, Alvord EC Jr. Region-specific immunoassays for human myelin basic protein J Neuroimmunol. 1986 Oct;12(4):253-64. ELISA
MBP Clone 1 used to detect myelin density in the optic nerve by IHC-P
(B) IgGNMO+reduced myelin expression (MBP immunoreactivity). ( Marignier, R et al.)
MBP Clone 1 used to detect MBP expression in myelin sheaths of adult rats by ICC
(Brunner, C et al.)
Dilution used: 1:3000
MBP Clone 1 used to detect myelin expression in neonatal rats (brain tissue) by IHC-P
B: HYP + NAC and Sham groups are not appreciably different in PLP or MBP staining, indicating preservation of myelin expression… (Jatana, M et al.)
Dilution used: 1:200