Myelin Basic Protein (MBP) is involved in the process of myelination of nerves in the nervous system. MBP Clone 14 recognizes an epitope in the 36-50 region of MBP, useful in clinical diagnosis to detect MBP levels or myelination in human MBP.
|Catalogue No.||Target||Research Areas||Applications||Size||Price (£)|
|MBP14-100UG||Myelin Basic Protein
Form in stock: IgG, purified – 1.0 mg/mL. Also available as unpurified supernatant.
Specificity: Reacts with human MBP, recognizing epitopes in the 36-50 amino acid region (GILDSIGRFFGGDRG).
Fusion partner: Spleen cells from immunised outbred rats were fused with cells of the mouse NS0 myeloma cell line.
Storage: Store at +4°C or -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Shelf life: 18 months from date of dispatch.
Regulatory/ Restrictions: For research and commercial purposes.
- ⇓ Matsuo, A., Lee, G. C., Terai, K., Takami, K., Hickey, W. F., McGeer, E. G., & McGeer, P. L. (1997). Unmasking of an unusual myelin basic protein epitope during the process of myelin degeneration in humans: a potential mechanism for the generation of autoantigens. The American Journal of Pathology, 150(4), 1253–1266.
- ⇓ Glynn, P., Chantry, A., Groome, N. and Cuzner, M. L. (1987), Basic Protein Dissociating from Myelin Membranes at Physiological Ionic Strength and pH Is Cleaved into Three Major Fragments. Journal of Neurochemistry, 48: 752–759. WB
- ⇓ Nigel Groome, Adrian Dawkes, Richard Barry, Sarka Hruby, Ellsworth Alvord Jr., New monoclonal antibodies reactive with defined sequential epitopes in human myelin basic protein, Journal of Neuroimmunology, Volume 19, Issue 4, October 1988, Pages 305-315, ISSN 0165-5728. ELISA
- ⇓ Jackson, S. J., Baker, D., Cuzner, M. L. and Diemel, L. T. (2004), Cannabinoid-mediated neuroprotection following interferon-gamma treatment in a three-dimensional mouse brain aggregate cell culture. European Journal of Neuroscience, 20: 2267–2275. ELISA, Dilution used 1:2000
- ⇓ Maike Friess, Jens Hammann, Petr Unichenko, Heiko J. Luhmann, Robin White, Sergei Kirischuk, Intracellular ion signaling influences myelin basic protein synthesis in oligodendrocyte precursor cells, Cell Calcium, Volume 60, Issue 5, 2016, Pages 322-330, ISSN 0143-4160. WB and ICC, Dilutions used 1:500 and 1:50 respectively
Western Blot of MBP Clone 14 used in a comparative study between anti-MBP clones and anti-EP
Figure 2. The specificity of EP antiserum examined by Western blot(A) and immunoabsorption tests(B to1).A: Lane a, anti-whole hMBP antibody; lane b, clone 14, lane c, clone 2; lane d, EP antiserum. All antibodies detected a major 18.5-kd band and a weaker 17.2-kd band in extracts of normal human brain homogenates. (Matsuo, A et al.)
Clone MBP 14 used to detect myelinated structures in MS plaques by IHC-P
Figure 5. Serial sections of paraffin-embedded MS tissue immunostained with anti-EP(A), clone26(B), clone2(C), clone14(D), clone12(E), or clone22(F) .Notice that only abnormal myelin tissues strongly stained by anti-EP, whereas all other antibodies strongly stain the normal myelin surrounding the plaque area. See Materials and Methods for details. (Matsuo, A et al.)
Dilution used: 1:100,000