Myelin Basic Protein (MBP) is involved in the process of myelination of nerves in the nervous system. MBP Clone 2 recognizes an epitope in the 119-131 region of MBP, useful in clinical diagnosis to detect MBP levels in human, rat and cow MBP.
|Catalogue No.||Target||Research Areas||Applications||Size||Price (£)|
|MBP2-100UG||Myelin Basic Protein
Form in stock: IgG, purified – 1.0 mg/mL. Also available as unpurified supernatant.
Specificity: Recognises bovine BMP, in the region of residues 119-131 (GAEGQRPGFGYGG).
Fusion partner: Spleen cells from immunised NIH/OIa mice were fused with cells of the NS0 mouse myeloma cell line.
Storage: Store at +4°C or -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Shelf life: 18 months from date of dispatch.
Regulatory/ Restrictions: For research and commercial purposes.
- ⇓ Kokjohn TA, Maarouf CL, Daugs ID, et al. Neurochemical Profile of Dementia Pugilistica. Journal of Neurotrauma. 2013;30(11):981-997.
- ⇓ Matsuo, A., Lee, G. C., Terai, K., Takami, K., Hickey, W. F., McGeer, E. G., & McGeer, P. L. (1997). Unmasking of an unusual myelin basic protein epitope during the process of myelin degeneration in humans: a potential mechanism for the generation of autoantigens. The American Journal of Pathology, 150(4), 1253–1266.
- ⇓ Nigel Groome, Janice Harland, Adrian Dawkes, Preparation and properties of monoclonal antibodies to myelin basic protein and its peptides, Neurochemistry International, Volume 7, Issue 2, 1985, Pages 309-317, ISSN 0197-0186. ELISA, Dilution used 1:1000
- ⇓ Groome NP, Dawkes A, Gales M, Hruby S, Alvord EC Jr. Region-specific immunoassays for human myelin basic protein J Neuroimmunol. 1986 Oct;12(4):253-64.ELISA
- ⇓ Wong, Agnes W., Junhua Xiao, Dennis Kemper, Trevor J. Kilpatrick, and Simon S. Murray. “Oligodendroglial Expression of TrkB Independently Regulates Myelination and Progenitor Cell Proliferation.” Journal of Neuroscience. Society for Neuroscience, 13 Mar. 2013. WB
- ⇓ Roher, A. E., Maarouf, C. L., Malek-Ahmadi, M., Wilson, J., Kokjohn, T. A., Daugs, I. D., … Beach, T. G. (2013). Subjects harboring presenilin familial Alzheimer’s disease mutations exhibit diverse white matter biochemistry alterations. American Journal of Neurodegenerative Disease, 2(3), 187–207. WB
- ⇓ Milos Tatalovic, Patricia A. Glazebrook, Diana L. Kunze, Expression of the P/Q (Cav2.1) calcium channel in nodose sensory neurons and arterial baroreceptors, Neuroscience Letters, Volume 520, Issue 1, 27 June 2012, Pages 38-42, ISSN 0304-3940. IHC, Dilution used 1:300
- ⇓ Bouslama-Oueghlani, L., Wehrlé, R., Doulazmi, M., Chen, X. R., Jaudon, F., Lemaigre-Dubreuil, Y., … Dusart, I. (2012). Purkinje Cell Maturation Participates in the Control of Oligodendrocyte Differentiation: Role of Sonic Hedgehog and Vitronectin. PLoS ONE, 7(11), e49015. IHC, Dilution used 1:500
- ⇓ Herrera, J. J., Sundberg, L. M., Zentilin, L., Giacca, M., & Narayana, P. A. (2010). Sustained Expression of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Angiopoietin-1 Improves Blood–Spinal Cord Barrier Integrity and Functional Recovery after Spinal Cord Injury. Journal of Neurotrauma, 27(11), 2067–2076. IHC, Dilution used 1:75
- ⇓ Solbrig, M. V., Fan, Y., Hermanowicz, N., Morgese, M. G., & Giuffrida, A. (2010). A synthetic cannabinoid agonist promotes oligodendrogliogenesis during viral encephalitis in rats. Experimental Neurology, 226(1), 231–241. WB, Dilution used 1:500
- ⇓ Dominik W Schelshorn et al. “Expresison of Hemoglobin in Rodent Neurons.” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism 29.3 (2008): 585-95. IHC-P, Dilution used 1:500
- ⇓ Sarka Hruby, Ellsworth C. Alvord, Nigel P. Groome, Adrian Dawkes, Russell E. Martenson, Monoclonal antibodies reactive with myelin basic protein, Molecular Immunology, Volume 24, Issue 12, 1987, Pages 1359-1364, ISSN 0161-5890. ELISA
Western Blot of MBP Clone 2 used to detect MBP in a neurochemical profile study of dementia patients
Western blots from white matter homogenates of myelin-associated proteins. The mean myelin basic protein (MBP) (A) levels were discretely elevated in the dementia pugilistica (DP) cases when compared with the non-demented controls (NDC). (Kokjohn, TA et al.)
Western Blot of MBP Clone 2 used in a comparative study between anti-MBP clones and anti-EP
The specificity of EP antiserum examined by Western blot(A) and immunoabsorption tests(B to1).A: Lane a, anti-whole hMBP antibody; lane b, clone 14, lane c, clone 2; lane d, EP antiserum. All antibodies detected a major 18.5-kd band and a weaker 17.2-kd band in extracts of normal human brain homogenates. (Matuso, A et al.)
Clone MBP 2 used to detect myelinated structures in MS plaques by IHC-F
Image caption: …D: Clone2 also recognized all myelinated structures…(Matuso, A et al.)
Dilution used: 1:250
Clone MBP 2 used to detect myelinated structures in MS plaques by IHC-P
Serial sections of paraffin-embedded MS tissue immunostained with anti-EP(A), clone26(B), clone2(C), clone14(D), clone12(E), or clone22(F) .Notice that only abnormal myelin tissues strongly stained by anti-EP, whereas all other antibodies strongly stain the normal myelin surrounding the plaque area. See Materials and Methods for details. (Matuso, A et al.)
Dilution used: 1:250