BioServUK MagBead L6 Viral RNA Lysis Buffer is intended for the isolation and purification of total nucleic acids (DNA/RNA) from biological specimens for in vitro diagnostic procedures. The L6 buffer is recommended by The COVID-19 Consortium, UK and has been manufactured according to their SOP Method 11 (Added 9 April 2020, Updated 27 April 2020 and 11 May 2020).
BioServUK MagBead L6 Viral RNA Lysis Buffer is designed for:
- Nasopharyngeal swab samples
- Lysis of DTT pre-treated sputum samples which had been spun down to pellets before adding the RNA Lysis buffer
- Stabilization of nucleic acids with lysates
- Nucleic acid purification using magnetic beads
- Chemical inactivation of wet and dry swabs (see The COVID-19 Consortium SOP Method 2)
- Virus Inactivation buffer (as stated by the COVID-19 Consortium, a partnership between The Francis Crick Institute, Health Services laboratory, Institute of Cancer Research and University College London Hospital NHS Trust, UK)