SepFast DUO™ IEX is a range of unique shelled ion-exchange resins. The core chemistries of the SepFast DUO™ media are classic ion-exchangers (Q or S).
SepFast DUO™ can be used for purifying viral materials in flow-through mode, impurities smaller than a virus will be adsorbed to the charged groups inside the bead whilst intact virus passes through the column. It is a very gentle method with little loss of product. Because the interior core has a standard ion-exchange ligand impurities can be eluted and the beads easily regeneration making this approach useful for large scale multi-use columns.
SepFast DUO 150 Q and SepFast DUO 150 S are particularly developed for purifying antibodies in flow-through mode. Host cell proteins (HCP) smaller than Ab molecules can be selectively removed.
SepFast DUO 150 media:
- Good for monoclonal antibodies
- The inert out shell has molecular cut-off of 150 KDa to block antibodies
- Strong ion-exchange ligand is immobilised inside to capture impurities
- Q: strong anion-exchanger
- S: strong cation-exchanger